Festive Holiday Pasta with Organic Edamame and Mung Bean Fettuccine, Prosciutto and Red Pepper
Holidays are about making things special. This GFCF recipe is great for a special occasion or when you are having people over who have no idea what GFCF means! Delight guests with this dish and afterward you can tell them how healthy it is!!!!
I love this recipe because it resembles a creamy Alfredo sauce, without all the fat cholesterol and dairy products. It also makes the kitchen smell like an upscale restaurant! Kids and adults will both enjoy this dish.
* Explore Asian Organic Edamame & Mung Bean Fettuccine
* 1 lb Brussels Sprouts/ or Broccoli
* 4 oz Cubed Prosciutto or No Nitrate Turkey Pepperoni
* 1/2 red pepper diced
* 1/2 cup Daiya Mozzarella Cheese substitute
* 1 cup Chicken Broth
* 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 1 tbsp Crushed or Minced Garlic
* Salt and Pepper to taste
1. On a cutting board chop Brussels sprouts into shavings, or if using broccoli seperate into small flowerettes and steam lightly. Set aside.
2. Dice red pepper. Set aside.
3. Cook Explore Asian Organic Mung Bean & Edamame Fettuccine shaped pasta according to
the directions on the package.
4. While pasta is cooking, in a large heavy skillet brown prosciutto or turkey pepperoni in 1 tsp
EVOO over medium high heat until crispy, 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat and
transfer to paper towel lined bowl to cool.
5. In same skillet sauté Brussels sprouts and red pepper in remaining 2 tsps
EVOO, garlic, lemon juice, and salt & pepper. Toss continuously over medium
heat until tender, then add add chicken broth. Reduce flame to low,
then stir in half of the Daiya mozzarella. Allow all ingredients to simmer for
5 minutes, then remove from heat. Mix in the Explore Asian Organic Mung Bean
Fettuccine and top with prosciutto and remaining Daiya cheese, then immediately
plate and serve.